Is the harsh Winter drying out your skin? A lot of us may find it difficult to maintain that youthful glow. At one point, the signs of aging might kick in ruining the rituals that you might come to follow for years…or lack thereof. Of course, if you want to keep from aging, you might believe the hype and begin to think you’ll have to spend a lot of money.
Take it from me, I have tried posh treatments too and have found myself sometimes regretting in the end. They claim to work magic, but in the end no real results can be seen. I myself am a model and my work really demands me to maintain glowing youthful skin. Good thing is, through trial and error, I created a rosehip oil mask recipe that I’ve been using for quite sometime now. This DIY hydrating mask has saved me from my skin problems and has saved me from shelling out lots of cash too. This used to be my little secret, but because I know the struggles, I am sharing the recipe with you. I hope you enjoy! Please let us know if you have your own rose hip oil recipe down in the comment box below. We’d love to hear from you and possibly feature you in our next post.
Here are the things that you will need…
- 2 tsp Organic Greek Yogurt or Organic Coconut Milk (will be more runny)
- 1 tbsp Organic Rosehip Oil
- 1 tsp Organic Royal Jelly or Manuka Honey
- 3-4 drops Organic Essential Rose Geranium Oil
- ½ tsp Organic Turmeric
*Note all the ingredients do not need to be organic, but this is what I personally use to get the most benefits of glowing skin. 🙂
Here’s how it is done…
- Work with the royal jelly first. In a bowl, whip 1 tsp royal jelly or manuka honey until it smoothens to a nice and runny consistency.
- Mix in yogurt after achieving the runny consistency. Make sure that honey and yogurt is fully blended before adding the other ingredients.
- Once the mixture is well-blended, add in rosehip oil and essential rose geranium oil. Mix the oils slowly until it is well blended and resembles a paste.
- Add turmeric to the mixture. Blending this one is easy as its color will let you know when it is well-blended already.
- Once all of the ingredients have been mixed up, it can be applied on the skin already. Start spreading the mixture on the face and slowly extending it to the neck and shoulders. I like to use MAC’s 191 brush and paint it on, but fingers will do just fine!
- Leave the mixture on skin for 20 to 30 minutes. Relax by taking a bath, read a good book, or even try to meditate. Stress is a big cause for skin problems so enjoy this time to pamper yourself. Your skin will thank you for it!
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
See, this is how easy making a DIY hydrating mask is. Plus, you do not need to spend a lot of money to come up with this secret mask that I can really attest to be effective. This even comes in timely for your New Year look. Get glowing clear skin and a fresh face for the New Year. You will definitely be surprised on how this will change you and your skin. Flaunt that confidence for a new you!